Friday, December 10, 2004

Against The Odds, or They Thought We Wouldn't Last

Oh, Happy Anniversary,
Happy Anniversary,
Happy Anniversary,
Haaaaaaappy Anniversary!
(Remember the Flintstones episode where they were singing this?)
Full lyrics HERE

To all the naysayers, I say Naa, Naaa! Pffbbbt!

Tomorrow, I will have been married to the most beautiful woman in the world for 5 whole years. Yes, I'm biased, and No, you can't have her.

In this world where the divorce-rate for 1st marriages is at 50%, I think we've done a hell of a job lasting this long. (Frankly, I don't know how she's put up with me this long, but I ain't complaining!) On top of that, we have two wonderful kids. They resent the hell out of us at times, but they will grow up to be well-adjusted adults with good heads on their shoulders. For now, I am satisfied in the knowledge that Dad & Mom don't know anything and that everything we like is "GAY". I think the phrase back in the '50s was "square". If so, that's what we are.

So without further adieu,

To my wife. My world would be empty without you.

I LOVE YOU MORE TODAY, THAN I DID YESTERDAY, AND I'LL LOVE YOU MORE TOMORROW, THAN I DID TODAY. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, SWEETHEART! 5 YEARS AND STILL GOING STRONG!

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Listed on BlogShares